When it comes to choosing the perfect engagement ring for your proposal, it is normal to have many questions buzzing through your head. "Diamonds are a girl's best friend" - that is for certain.
But what material should the ring setting be? If your significant other tends to wear a lot of silver jewelry, then silver or white gold is the right choice for her.
Go for white gold instead of silver!
If you want to gift your significant other a silver ring, pick white gold instead. White gold looks astonishingly similar to silver, but it has some distinct advantages over the comparatively inexpensive 925 sterling silver that is most commonly used for jewellery:
Unlike silver, white gold is much more durable and of higher quality:
- White gold does not oxidize, which means white gold rings will not become black, unlike silver which does!
- White gold is less susceptible to scratches and abrasion than silver.
- White gold rings are well-suited for laser engraving; silver is too soft for this purpose.
- White gold rings are usually more robust than silver rings, nevertheless ring size can still be changed afterwards.
- Diamonds and brilliant-cut diamonds look particularly impressive when set in white gold.
Configure your own silver engagement ring!
At My Diamond Ring, you can not only choose your gold color, but you can also choose your diamond. We offer more than 5000 diamonds in different qualities and price ranges, in order for you to ultimately obtain an engagement ring that meets your expectations and budget. Our diamonds are all GIA certified and start as low as € 350.
DISCOVER: Bestseller engagement rings
Here below are a few examples of configurable engagement rings designed by My Diamond Rings:
Don´t want to configure your ring? Shop pre-configured rings instead!
If configuring your own engagement ring is too daunting of a task, you can also check our pre-configured engagement rings available in white gold.