Can a woman propose to a man?
Yes of course!
More and more women decide to take the matter into their own hands and propose before their partner does. Although it challenges traditional gender roles in heterosexual relationships, 21st-century women can take the initiative and propose to their loved one. The time when women had to wait patiently for their partner to get down on one knee is over!
How do you propose to a man?
Here is the list of things you should consider:
- Choose the right time - your anniversary, a holiday, or any date that may symbolically make sense to you as a couple would be a perfect time!
- Choose the right place - you probably have a favorite restaurant, or remember the place where you first kissed or said I love you to one another. If so, that could be the right place to go back to for the proposal!
- Ask the Question - as weird as it may sound, you will have to ask "will you marry me?". Don´t be scared to do so. You can do this!
- Write it instead - if asking out loud is too intimidating to you, why not write it down instead? On a cake, on a small piece of paper, you would leave on his pillow, with your lipstick on the mirror. There are tons of ways you could write this down!
- Be prepared for rejection - if he has not yet asked, maybe he wasn´t ready. Be prepared for rejection. That does not mean that he does not want to marry you. Maybe he just needs more time or wants to be the one popping the question instead.
Do you propose a man with a ring?
Yes! You definitely can.
Many men or women proposing to a man choose a watch instead, but rings are always more meaningful than watches (and usually cheaper!).
Engagement rings for men
The typical design of an engagement ring for a man usually differs from those a woman would wear. Engagement rings for men are oftentimes sleek and rather broad, resembling typical wedding bands. Here below, find some of our suggested models.
Each band can be configured in many ways:
- Choose material: available in 18K white gold, pink gold, yellow gold, or Platinum
- Choose finish: matte or polished
- Choose width: from 3,00 mm to 5,5 mm.
NOTE: Every ring comes with a free engraving and a free ring resizing.
Would you rather have him propose?
If you really want to get engaged and are thinking about proposing to him so you can finally be engaged as well, we have got you covered!
- Is he about to propose?
At My Diamond Ring, we have created a fun (and pretty accurate!) test for you to see if your partner is about to pop the question... or not!
TAKE THE TEST: Is your partner going to propose soon
- Send him an anonymous secret hint!
At My Diamond Ring, you can configure your own engagement ring and send the ring you have designed to your partner, anonymously or by revealing your identity. A "send secret hint" button will show below your configured design. By clicking on it, My Diamond Ring will send your favorite ring design directly to your partner´s email.