At the beginning of the search for the perfect ring there is often the question: Should I go to a traditional jeweler - or look for the perfect design online? Both options have their advantages and disadvantages.
Overall, we believe that buying engagement rings online is far better!
In this article, we will answer the most commonly asked questions regarding diamond online buying:
Should I buy an engagement ring online?
And for numerous reasons:
- it is less expensive than in a retail store
- you can personalize your ring: you can choose your gold color, engrave your ring, and mostly, choose your own diamond!
- most online stores offer extra benefits such as free shipping, free engraving, free resizing
- you get guarantees that retail stores do not offer such as money-back guarantees, free returns, or even, lifetime exchange!
Is buying an engagement ring online safe?
Understandably, some people are nervous about buying an engagement ring online. But there are several vendors that make online ring shopping a safe experience.
The best way to make sure that a vendor is trustworthy is to:
- make sure that the diamonds sold are certified (ideally by GIA)
- check the e-trusted shop reviews
We, at My Diamond Ring, offer only GIA-certified diamonds and have 4.9 stars on E-Trusted shops.
Which online store is the best for engagement rings?
Here below, we have listed some of the best diamond and engagement ring online retailers, from the highest-rated to the lowest rated:
4.9 stars on E-trusted shops - Known for its minimal award-winning website, My Diamond Ring simplified diamond buying to its maximum. The diamond filter is the simplest of them all, allowing you to find a diamond quickly and safely. All diamonds are GIA certified and the rings are handmade in Vienna, Austria.
4.7 stars on Trustpilot - Based in Germany, 77 diamonds offers numerous settings and diamonds to choose from. It has a quite intuitive website although the diamond filter may appear quite complicated at first.
4.4 stars on Trustpilot - Leader in the industry, James Allen is an American retailer known for its very wide selection of diamonds to choose from.
4.1 stars on Trustpilot - Based in Seattle, Washington, Blue Nile is yet another American vendor offering a wide range of diamonds at a competitive price.
Are engagement rings cheaper online?
Engagement rings tend to be much cheaper online than in a high street retail store, for one very simple reason: Retail stores need to pay rent for shops, possibly in nice areas; hire numerous sales assistants; make sure that the stores look impeccable in design, etc. All these costs will inevitably affect the price of the rings sold.
Offline stores do not have such costs, which allows them to sell rings and diamonds for up to 40% less than physical stores.
Can I see the ring before purchasing it?
Physical stores have one advantage: you can see the ring you are interested in "in the flesh" before buying it.
But online stores have long filled that gap:
- They usually have a showroom in which you can view the ring as well.
- Moreover, advanced technology allows you to see exactly both the ring and the diamond you are purchasing in 360 degrees HD.
OUR SHOWROOM: You can find us at Schullin Wien: Kohlmarkt 7 - 1010 Vienna - Austria
BOOK ONLINE CONSULTATION: You can also book an online consultation via email at email@example.com. Our diamond experts will gladly assist you in finding the diamond that meets your budget and expectations and will show you live all the ring models you may be interested in.
How to buy an engagement ring online?
There are 2 ways to buy an engagement ring online:
- You can configure your own
- OR browse pre-configured engagement rings