It happens more often than you'd think: The moment is there, the romantic wedding proposal too – but the ring is just not right! This is quite common unfortunately as 47% of women admit being slightly disappointed by the ring their partner chose.
This is how to solve the situation!
1. She doesn't like the setting
Details some men might not even notice can be decisive as to whether a woman likes her ring or not! Sometimes, the wrong gold color has been picked – or the ring's style just doesn't match its wearer's.
For example, she would have wanted a glamorous engagement ring covered in tiny diamonds on the band and got a classic solitaire instead...
What can be done?
- if you have bought your engagement ring at My Diamond Ring, you can exchange the ring for another one or can return the ring and benefit from a 100% money-back guarantee!
- if you have not bought your engagement ring at My Diamond Ring, most resellers won´t accept any returns nor give any refunds. In that case, why not "glam it up" by adding small diamond-embellished rings?
How to avoid her not liking the ring?
If you are still at a stage where you are searching for a ring and want to avoid her being disappointed by your choice, you can:
- STYLE TEST: Take our style test - in only 7 questions, we will let you know which ring may fit your partner´s taste, based on her style and living habits.
- READ: Propose without a ring and go ring shopping together instead!
- READ: 6 tips to find the perfect engagement ring style - find the ring she truly wants!
2. She doesn't like the diamond
Many women know exactly which diamond shape they'd like to have to sparkle on their ring finger, or how big they would like it to be.
If you chose the "wrong" diamond, this is what you can do:
- if you have bought your engagement ring at My Diamond Ring, you can exchange the diamond for another one or return the whole ring and get a 100% money-back guarantee.
- if you have not bought your engagement ring at My Diamond Ring, most resellers won´t, unfortunately, accept any returns nor give any refunds. The best thing you can do is to get her her "dream ring" in a few years from now, for another important occasion such as a push present or a wedding anniversary.
How to avoid choosing the wrong diamond?
If you are still at a stage where you are searching for the diamond and want to make sure that she will like your choice, you can:
- READ: Diamond buying tips - how big should the diamond be in an engagement ring?
- READ: Which diamond shape fits her hand best?
- READ: The 5 most common mistakes when buying a diamond
Whichever diamond you choose, remember to always check that your diamond is certified, ideally by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). At My Diamond Ring, all our diamonds are GIA certified, natural diamonds, and start at low as € 350.
3. Wrong ring size
What if the setting and diamond are right – but the ring size is wrong?
- If you have already bought your ring at My Diamond Ring, we offer one free resizing.
- If you are still browsing for a ring and are searching for the ring size, view our Youtube tutorial on how to find the right ring size from the comfort of your home.