Do couples choose her engagement ring together?
62% of couples go choose her engagement ring together, meaning that many choose to propose to their partner without a ring!
MORE: Proposing without an engagement ring, is it possible? How to do it?
Should a woman pick out her engagement ring?
Lady Diana demonstrated it already years ago when she chose her own ring instead of having Prince Charles get her a "surprise" one.
After all, that ring is usually the piece of jewelry she will wear every day, for the rest of her life. It is therefore of the uttermost importance that she really loves her engagement ring and not only the symbol it bears.
MORE: Wearing your engagement ring every day: is it possible?
If a woman wants to get engaged and that her partner has not even proposed yet, she can also take the matter into her own hands:
- She can search for her perfect engagement ring and send her partner a hint
- She can propose to him!
Advantages of selecting the engagement ring together
Going engagement ring shopping together doesn't have to be unromantic at all! Quite the contrary, there are many advantages to it.
- It can be very fun to choose the ring together
- The bride-to-be can select her favorite design
- The partner paying for the ring is sure that her partner really loves her ring
- Both partners can decide on the right budget for the ring
- The engagement ring can be chosen at the same time as the wedding band, to make sure they both perfectly fit
What is the risk of a surprise proposal?
Surprising your loved one with an engagement ring requires, of course, having purchased it beforehand. Selecting the ring, though, can be harder than expected. Even if you know your partner very well, it can be a daunting task to find out the ring she would pick out for herself!
47% of women recognize not being in love with the engagement ring their partner chose. Of course, all of them proudly wear their engagement ring and are in love with its symbolic meaning, but they admit that they would have gotten a different design.
In a physical store, exchanging the ring is usually impossible. Online stores do, however, tend to offer such guarantee.
NOTE: At My Diamond Ring, you can exchange your engagement ring for another one or even return the ring and benefit from our 100% money-back guarantee.
How to choose the right engagement ring?
If you wish to propose with a "surprise ring", you need to achieve the difficult task of getting a ring she truly likes, for a budget you can afford.
- Find her perfect ring! Many women already know which ring they would actually want to have... Please read the following article to learn more about it!
- For a budget, that you can afford! The ring needs not only to be of her liking but should also match your budget. The best way to achieve this is to configure your ring, online. Read the articles below to understand why!
- Check the quality and the guarantees offered by your seller of choice: No matter where you get your engagement ring from, choosing the right one also entails buying a product offering proper quality and return guarantees:
Always make sure:
- that your diamond is certified, ideally by GIA. Check out why, here.
- that the store you are buying from has an excellent rating.
- that they offer a satisfactory return or exchange policy.
NOTE: We, at My Diamond Ring, offer GIA certified diamonds only; have a 4.9 stars rating on E-trusted shops; and offer a 100% money back guarantee so you can return your ring free of charge, or exchange it for another one!